ECNS is a leader in the field of Clinical Electrophysiology and Neuroimaging. It is committed to the highest quality of research and clinical application, and to improving standards and knowledge. ECNS is pleased to honor and acknowledge outstanding contributors and distinguished researchers in the field.
ECNS Presents the following awards each year:
1. Turan İtil career contribution award: This is for senior scientists whose work has been influential in the field of Electrophysiology and Neuroimaging and has had high impact on research and clinical applications. Any scientist may be nominated by any member of ECNS. A tradition of the ECNS is to ask one of his/her students to give a presentation highlighting the life work of the awardee. This award is considered the highest honor bestowed by the ECNS.
2. Roy John Award: This award is for a scientist who has produced more than 50 articles that are indexed in the SCI. Any scientist may be nominated by any member of ECNS. The awardee will give the E. Roy John Memorial lecture and will receive $1000.
3. Young Investigator Awards: The two awardees must be less than 40 years of age, and be the equivalent of Assistant Professor or within 2 years of appointment to Associate Professor. The candidates must have demonstrated significant contributions to translational research in the field of Neuro-Psychiatric Electrophysiology and Neuroimaging. The awards include $500, and waiver of the Annual Congress registration.
4. Presidential Service Award: This award is for outstanding service to ECNS. Any member of ECNS may be nominated by any of its members.
5. Best Poster Awards: The two best Annual Congress posters will be honored. The presenter of the best poster will receive $350, and the presenter of the second best poster will receive $150.
Congratulations to the ECNS 2018 Award Winners! Please click on the link to view the winners for the Turan İtil career contribution award, Roy John Award, Young Investigator Award, and Presidential Service Award.
Kemal Arikan (Chair of the award committee)
Professor of Psychiatry
Halaskargazi Cad. 103/4b
Professor of Psychiatry,MD.
NPISTANBUL Brain Hospital
Neurology and Ophthalmology
Director, Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders Clinic, Center of Excellence
State University of New York,Downstate Medical Center
Clinical Neurophysiology Research Laboratory
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
3501 Forbes Ave, Suite 420, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Professor of Psychiatry and Neurology
Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich. Germany
Nominations (except the Best Poster Awards) must be received by the Award Committee no later than the end of August 15 of the year of the Congress. Decisions will be made no later than early September. Nominations should be sent to Kemal Arikan, using the e-mail or street address above.
Roy John award is donated but Uskudar University and Turan İtil career contribution award is donated by Yasemin Itil